February 17, 2007

February 17, 2007

On Wednesday the 15th Eddie, Mom, Opa, Uncle Pat, Uncle Leroy and Aunt Margot went deep sea fishing. But that day was cold out. The wind was blowing all over and they were in a very small fishing boat. But they caught lots of fish, red snapper, perch, and trigger fish. Those fish were fileted, and we had them for dinner that night. Fed thirteen of us and still had leftovers. They got back around 10:30am (they left at 5:30am) because mom and Uncle Pat both threw up and the others were getting nauseous. The rest of the day we just hung around at the beach, and to me it was kind of an all together boring day.

On Thursday the 16th Nana took all the grandchildren and my mom to the aquarium. Nana ran out of cash, so she had to get money from Eddie. Being Eddie, he gave her all his money. (Don’t worry he gets it all paid back) and the cost for the aquarium came up to $40 USD!!! For 8 people. We walked through the outside with all different kinds of birds flying around us. It was pretty cool. Then we walked inside the building to see all the fish and sea animals.

So, after the aquarium we walked up to Senor Frogs Restaurant. That place was AWESOME! Me, Phoebe, and Meryl got mango drinks then Meredith and Susie got strawberry drinks. Good drinks! When we walked into the restaurant everything was autographed with people’s name and other weird sayings. So that was cool reading all that. Then after we were done eating a guy came around and made each of us a different kind of balloon hat. Me and Phoebe got the same design just different colors. That was a fun place. We did sign one of the pillars that was right by our table, me, Meryl, Eddie, and Phoebe signed it.

After Senor Frogs we walked back to the aquarium because we wanted to see the bird show. It was kind of weird, but okay. After the bird show Nana wanted to see the Sea Lion Show. But there wasn’t another one until 4pm. So, we had 2 hours to spare. We decided to go to the shops down main street. Meryl, Eddie, Phoebe, and I walked down there while the rest took the car. It was fun. We were all in really good moods. So, we shopped and walked around for like the rest of the day. That was the only day of our vacation that we didn’t go in the pool or ocean.

On Friday we all went down to the beach for the last day. The tide was really high and the waves were big. Phoebe and I went swimming in the waves. I got sucked under a couple times, but it was fun. We all just sat on the beach most of the day. Played 3 or 4 games of volleyball with a bunch of people from Canada! Then at 3 o’clock we had to go on a tour of the city (Kind of ridiculous to go on the last day) But it was cancelled. So, we just went out to eat at a place called Lapalapa Del Mar. They had good food. After we ate at 4pm we walked down the main street and looked around. Last night was fun. We fit 9 of us into a 5-person car. Everyone had someone on their lap except the driver, Opa. There were a LOT of Canadians staying at our hotel. We were the only one’s from the Midwest.

<3 Ava Estelle

Present day me: This trip to Mexico was our third time in Mexico, but our first in Mazatlán. I remember it being the most fun trip because everyone was in good moods. The Senor Frogs experience really has stuck with me throughout these years. I felt so happy to be with my family and to have a good time with them. It felt complete and like a perfect family vacation.

Leave a Reply